With all the writing posts I have in a variety of stages of completion I got to think the other day that I could perhaps write a post either weekly bi weekly or monthly on some of the most stupid things I have come across in the preceding period. The inspiration for this came from the first item listed in this post today
I also thought it could be quite amusing and perhaps you might have something you have seen and would like to share it with us all.
I get to use my travel icon for the first time
Okay so the other morning on my way across the harbour bridge to catch my regular morning caffeine hit at Toby’s Cafe Woolloomooloo I saw something completely wacko.Overnight on the egress to each toll gate there had been painted in each lane not one not two but three large bright yellow signs with the red retag symbol painted on the surface of each lane!
Now just to remind you the system is we pay only by a pre- paid electronic tag system , in place for years on every lane of the Bridge and the Tunnel.
So why on Earth would the RTA run to the expense of the painting of these signs ?
Now that’s stupid and expensive too!
Later I realise that on the Bus Lanes clearly marked with different coloured paint over the entire surface (why) and with bus only signs hanging over head we have every 10 meters the sign “BUS ONLY” painted. I notice these are rather worn so does that mean these are going to be re-painted soon.
Now that would be Stupid too
For my next entry I have gone to the US and Fox News aka The ‘Republican’ soon to be the ‘Tea Party’ Channel. I could have included such interlectual peanuts as Scott Morrison and Abbott but that was well tweeted about this week; so to some stuff that is frankly frightening.
Here we find Glenn Beck
Dear Glen is desperately trying to keep his shrinking audience. He also fears them doing research and finding out the truth about his wacky and insane ideas. Mark you anybody watching Glen Beck is unlikely to be able to do much more than listen to his rubbish. Whatever he is encourages with this video to not to think for themselves and look stuff up on the Internet.
On his show this Monday, Beck said,
“May I recommend if you are doing your own homework, don’t do a Google search. Seems to me that Google is pretty deeply in bed with the government. Remember, maybe this is explaining why Google is being kicked out of all the other countries?”
Are they just a shill now for the United States government? Who is Jared Cohen? Is he private citizen or government operative, and isn’t this the second Google guy we’ve found? This is the second Google executive now being exposed an instigator of a revolution. Are you comfortable with the government partnering covertly with media organisations, search engines, social networking so they can bring change that the Washington elites have designed?”
Beck accused Google of propaganda, which is amazing coming from someone who is employed by Rupert Murdoch’s right-wing propaganda machine, Fox News. But then Beck has been attacking Google for almost 2 years now.
“I’m not comfortable with that. I don’t care if it’s George Washington, George Bush, Barack Obama, or Abraham Lincoln. I’m not comfortable with that. It used to be called propaganda. What do we call it now? Oh yeah, that’s right, community organising.”
Beck believes Google is in cahoots with the Obama administration to spread revolution. This is because Jared Cohen Director of Google Ideas was in Egypt during the recent unrest and that Jared Cohen worked on the State Department’s Policy Planning staff for both the Bush and Obama administrations.
Beck’s conspiracy attack on Google is total nonsense. Because his ratings are falling he has to keep his audience away from Google because they might accidentally stumble on the truth that Beck is full of crap.
Now he is Stupid but dangerous too….What Other Americans said about Glen Beck last week
After the midterm Lower House congress elections saw a swag of Republicans and “Tea Partyists” in place.
Escalator Over The Hill ( I guess that’s me) went looking for some of these defenders of the Western Realm and this is what I found :
Here is a list of the nutty things ‘Tea Partiers’ and Republicans proposed last week in Congress:
1) In response to the evolutionists Oklahoma lawmaker Sally Kern, says “there’s an intense scientific controversy over whether Jesus in fact rode around on dinosaurs, and so she’s introduced a bill requiring school teachers to explore that possibility.
That is really true….no not Jesus riding on a Dinosaur. Now How stupid is that? In any case I though Jesus walked on water.
2) Montana state Rep. Wendy Warburton (Republican) is introducing a bill to … create what she calls ‘home guards’ armed to provide services in case major security emergencies
Her bill would allow the ‘home guard’ organisations to be formed in units each with their own uniforms, flags and identities.
3) A tea Party congressman ( a ye olde libertarian) Georgia’s Bobby Franklin has proposed a bill to abolish driver’s licences . He sees the requirement for a licence as an infringement on Americans rights.
In his bill, Franklin states, “free people have a common law and constitutional right to travel on the roads and highways that are provided by their government for that purpose. Licensing of drivers cannot be required of free people, because taking on the restrictions of a license requires the surrender of an inalienable right.”
Now tell me that isn’t Stupid
Therefore he has introduced a bill mandating that state criminal codes refer to these people as, simply, ‘accusers’ — until there’s a conviction in the matter.” To be clear about this, Franklin thinks it’s perfectly fine to refer to the victims of every other violent crime as such “victims”, but not rape victims, they remain accusers.
I could say this is stupid but this proposal is just plain offensive to our sisters, mothers and male victims for that matter.
However you would have to say the man is stupid especially when he states the U.S. has now adopted all 10 points of the Communist Manifesto,
5) A Texas Republican. Leo Berman, R-Tyler, doesn’t approve of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act that was finally watered down and passed by Congress last year.
He has proposed a bill to make it a felony – punishable by up to five years in prison – for an official who implements the law
said that “leaflets should be dropped all over Mexico and that they should convey the message that we will shoot to kill if anybody crosses the border and we should be serious about this.” When asked if he could see why people would be upset with his comments
Yates said, “No, I don’t think they’d be upset with what I’d say.”“Stopping Hitler was worth the price,” he added, because washing dishes for crappy wages in your local diner is just like invading Poland.
7) Michele Bachmann (R-MN), the de-facto leader of the Tea Party, has stated over and over again that she doesn’t take President Obama’s word on anything. 2 days ago in an interview with ABC’s George Stephanopoulos, Bachmann said that “I will take Obama on his word when he says he is an American citizen and it’s a matter for him if he is telling the truth.
Now she is stupid but what does that make a rather large number of US Citizens?
8) You have to love those idiots at Fox News. They really know how to piss all over a good party. As news swept around the world that Hosni Mubarak had stepped down, and every news outlet showed images of jubilant Egyptians celebrating in the streets for their new freedom, the ‘fair and balanced’ propaganda machine’s contributor, Michael Scheur said, Americans seem to be increasingly Marxist in their absolute faith in democracy
<object width=’255′ height=’210′><param name=’movie’ value=’http://cloudfront.mediamatters.org/static/flash/pl55.swf’></param><param name=’flashvars’
Perhaps this is going to be the new flag
9) A 21-year-old Connecticut man called 911 (000 in Australia 999 in UK) on Thursday night to get advice on the legal consequences of growing marijuana. He was told that he could be arrested for growing pot. The man thanked the dispatcher and hung up.
Police officers then went to the man’s home and seized a small amount of marijuana and drug paraphernalia oh and arrested him. Silly really…. but AS we are in search Stupidity. So STUPID it is:-)
Hope that was enlightening and some fun See you here soon Davie
So now off to complete the schedule blog posts Though tomorrow I will do something foody though unplanned that I was working on today
Then back to all the other articles promised 🙂